Digital advertising has grown in leaps and bounds over the last few years, and with this new wave of targeted digital advertising, we can help eCommerce websites reach as many potential customers as possible. There are many ways to engage with prospective buyers and direct them to your products and services; one especially effective method is Google AdWords
So what is Google AdWords?
Google AdWords is a paid advertising system developed by Google to help businesses reach their target markets by providing them with a range of direct advertising options on their search engine platform and partner sites (AdSense). These partner sites display a text or image ad on their website after a user searches for specific keywords related to services or products that the business offers. On Google’s search engine, AdWords text ads usually display on the top of search results or the right-hand side of a search result page and display the word “Ad” before the title. This form of advertising is especially effective as it allows you to choose keywords that relate directly to your brand, product, or services, and allows you to choose areas and demographics related to your target audience. The major advantage of Google AdWords is that you only pay once a person clicks on an ad.
How can this benefit my eCommerce website?
There are main ways in which Google AdWords can help grow your online business, and this is by improving brand awareness and driving qualified traffic to your website. Other benefits also include:
- Potential customers can associate specific keywords to your business, and you can choose which keywords to target. Google Analytics provides history as to which keywords are being used to find your website.
- AdWords allows us to target directly, meaning that ads can follow specific customers to other Google sites such as Youtube, etc, this improves conversion and will reduce the amount of money you spend on a click.
- With the display network, you have the flexibility to choose on which partner websites your ads are displayed.
- You can focus on your target market by selecting specific cities, regions, and demographics.
- AdWords and Google Analytics can help you identify who is searching for your products, helping you define your target persona better.
- AdWords reminds customers of which products and services they previously looked for, helping to keep them aware of your brand
- AdWords can assist you with optimising current campaigns and leveraging results for overall better success and cost per click rates.
Google AdWords helps customers find what they’re looking for in a faster, more customised manner. Including a unique selling position in your ad can also help consumers determine why your business is better than your competition.
AdWords is an affordable, easy-to-use advertising platform that can increase traffic and sales for your eCommerce store.
If you have thought about getting started with AdWords for your brand or product, but are not sure where to start, get in touch with us for a free consultation.